Monster Moped

And I thought the Puchavus was original...


I spotted this fantastic creation right out front of the ghetto Martin's in South Bend a few weeks ago while he was filling it up at the pump. I pulled over and talked to him for a bit about the bike: 10hp lawn mower engine, Schwinn bicycle headset, mountain bike forks with what looks like maybe a Honda Express front fender, totally custom frame with a very interesting custom rear suspension. He said it would really go, which I can believe, but said he had it geared low for bottom end.

This wasn't just some drop-out either, he had a nice sort of chopper style pudding bowl helmet and leather gloves, and obviously new how to handle a welder. He was eager for me to snap a couple of photo's and told some bystanders to get out of the picture.

Needless to say, I was very impressed. You never know what you'll find, even in South Bend...

No comments:

Post a Comment