Monday, November 24, 2008

The Puchavus Returns with More Power

Today I decided to open up the transmission on the Puchavus just to see how much damage there was. I was pretty sure the problem was that one of the clutch ribbons (perhaps the one I had "modified" to engage later) had slipped off and destroyed something important... I was right.


Sure enough this little piece of metal had wreaked havoc upon my main drive gear.


Lots of teeth missing...



Here are the teeth...


So I cleaned out the cases, installed a new main drive gear, which was the wrong size so I had to also replace the gear it meshes with to match.


Then I went ahead and replaced my retarded old 19mm Dellorto with the new 21mm PHBG race edition...










After I replaced the fractious second speed clutch I now have a first gear! I also installed it backwards which is supposed to require higher rpm's for it to open... It works!

Definitely sounds like a new bike and put some life into the kit. Now it goes waaaahhhhh!!!! instead of weeneneeeneeeeeee.....

And voila!














And here she is in action...


video
Hello 60mph!